Caring for Your Summer Blonde Hair
To help you care for your Blonde hair and keep it as gorgeous as possible, we’ve pulled together 10 of the best tips for caring for your blonde tresses.
1. Use a UV protective spray. Especially in the summer but also year round, make sure you’re guarding your hair against harmful UV rays that can change the color and dry out strands. We choose Unite’s Seven Seconds spray. Leave in Conditioner, detangled, and UV protectant
2. Get purple shampoo. Purple shampoo keeps your hair color from turning brassy, which can happen with other shampoos that aren’t specifically formulated for blonde hair.
3. Deep condition often. If you’ve bleached your hair to be a blonde, you have already stripped it of some color and moisture. To avoid looking like you’re sporting a head of straw, use a deep conditioning treatment, and use it often. We recommend Brazilian Blowout Brands Deep Conditioning Masque.
4. Find a dry shampoo that works for you. Refreshing your hair without shampooing will help keep the color vibrant for longer.
5. Trust your colorist. If you’re heading to the salon for highlights every 6-8 weeks, your colorist will guide you on ways to maintain the health of your hair and guide you away from bleaching those ends too much!
6. If possible, use powdered bleach instead of liquid. Powdered bleach is less harsh than liquid, and will be much more gentle on your strands.
7. Before going into a pool, use bottled water to get your hair wet. If your hair is already soaking wet when you go into a pool, it won’t soak up the chlorine in the water, which is what can turn blonde hair green.
8. Process your hair naturally. If you’ve got dark brunette hair and you’re aiming for platinum hair, the full process can take up to 10 hours, and it’s a lot for your hair to take at once. If you gradually get lighter over a few months, you’ll be better off in the long run.
9. Take extra precaution with heat styling. Because blonde hair is more dried out to begin with, heat styling can take a real toll if you don’t use a protective spray or lay off the blow dryer every now and again.
10. Regular haircuts! Keep those ends trimmed and healthy. This will improve the overall look and health of your hair.